Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-ac159ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

To work from home, my laptop is attached to a docking station (targus ACP70 EU). But whenever I close the laptop (it is still running, changed it in the settings) the WLAN stops working and goes into hibernate. I googled around and tried several suggestions (e.g. change the battery settings), but the problem isn't solved yet. Does anyone have an idea? Currently I just leave the laptop open 😊

I have the original hardware in the laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello there, please try the following step- 

go to Device Manager ->Expand Network adapters and right click on the wireless network card and select Properties.

Now Go to the Power Management tab. Make sure the box is unchecked for 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click OK.

Hope this works. Thanks.

Tech9Next_1-1612965986355.png

Tech9Next_3-1612966018414.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello there, please try the following step- 

go to Device Manager ->Expand Network adapters and right click on the wireless network card and select Properties.

Now Go to the Power Management tab. Make sure the box is unchecked for 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' and click OK.

Hope this works. Thanks.

Tech9Next_1-1612965986355.png

Tech9Next_3-1612966018414.png

HP Recommended

you are amazing, its acutally that simple 🙂 I tested it and now it all works fine, will write again in case I get problems again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.