Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 14-bw010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, i know literally NOTHING about computers. I'm in my 30s & this is the first time I've ever owned a computer or had internet service & I'm only doing it for my kid. I had 1 option of internet service providers and it's through an ethernet cable. It took me hours but I've figured out this laptop has an ethernet port, wireless connectivity, and an integrated network card. Does this mean that I don't have to buy anything extra to get the internet to connect like wifi? And do I need to download some kind of software to make it work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to buy a wireless router, connect it to your cable modem with the ethernet cable, and then you could use the notebook wirelessly.

Here is a general guide, or you can google 'How to set up a wireless network,' and it is not very difficult to do.

A step-by-step guide to setting up a home network | ITProPortal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.