Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

My laptop will allow me to use gmail, google drive, and google classroom in either google chrome or edge, but when I go to other websites on either browsers it takes forever for the website to load.  When it does, the content on the page is all messed up.  I've added anti-virus software to my laptop, the program ran and found no issues, I've also done an HP laptop tune-up check and it revealed nothing. I've tried restarting, shutting down, no luck.

I'm a teacher, so I need to be able to use my laptop every day right now. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cpelehach Here's a few steps to help resolve the issue, before we begin, please confirm:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

A common reason why some websites not loading is a misconfigured DNS server or incorrect DNS records. Try to setup the primary DNS server manually by specifying the public DNS servers of Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4).

Also, flush the DNS cache on your computer using the command:

ipconfig /flushdns

windows 10 some websites not loading

Solution 2. Reset TCP/IP settings

Try to reset the TCP/IP network stack settings to standard. Open the Command prompt with administrator privileges and run the command:

netsh winsock reset

can't access certain websites windows 10

Restart the computer, and try to open websites that was not loading

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.