Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-j111tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

while connecting mobile via wifi some websites are not working but the same mobile is connected via USB tethering all websites are working, I reinstall divers, update drivers but still issue occurs.

e.g.  www.google.co.in not open in browser but open in internet explorer some times via connecting on mobile Hotspot

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Kirtesh_Patil

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Are you having issues with the HP PC or the mobile device?
  • Using Hotspot is not recommended. Connect the PC to a wireless router and check.
  • Try different browsers like Google Chrome or Firefox and check if the issue persists.

To troubleshoot wifi issues, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I have Laptop not PC. It is problem for me because I have mobile hotspot is the  only medium to access internet on Laptop and many of people having the same issue. kindly  provide the solution or any kind of update which can resolve this issue. It is more costly for some of people like me to use Internet on HP laptop. Few months before all is working fine. Few month ago I have facing this problem. If I decide to take Wifi connection from Internet service provider it is not possible because of lockdown.

Do the needful regarding the issue. Other Laptop company never restrict like this to use of mobile hotspot on Laptop.

HP Recommended

@Kirtesh_Patil, thank you for the response.

Laptop pc is what I meant, that said, here's all you need to know about the connection to hotspot:

HP does not restrict the use of Hotspot.

The initial settings for Wi-Fi are determined by the options you chose when you first set up your PC with Windows 10. To change your Wi-Fi settings, use the following steps.

1. In the Windows search box, type Settings.

2. Open Settings from the results list.

3. Select Network & Internet, and then click Wi-Fi.

4. To turn Wi-Fi on or off, use the toggle button. For information about available networks, hardware properties, and management of known networks, click the appropriate link.

Figure : Wi-Fi settings

Wi-Fi settings with Wi-Fi on
  5. To use Hotspot 2.0 networks in public places like airports and cafes, turn on Let me use Online Sign-up to get connected. When this is turned on, you can see a list of network providers after you choose a Hotspot 2.0 network.

After successfully validating your credentials with Online Sign-Up, your device is connected to the Hotspot 2.0 network. The Online Sign-Up is used only once and you will be automatically connected to that network the next time your device is in range.

NOTE: 

Hotspot 2.0 networks are a new wireless standard designed to make it easier and more secure to connect to public Wi-Fi hotspots.

Figure : Hotspot 2.0 networks

Let me use Online Sign-up to get connected, turned on

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

Whatever you told everything is already done but still problem not solved  that I mention in my first message. Kindly review what I am saying. Some websites are working but some websites like www.google.co.in not open in browser. Even some time it not working in Internet explorer too. 3 time I format the laptop because I thought there is some system issue. I have Licensed and updated antivirus so virus and malware problem may be not possible. Update drivers from HP website several time, I have done possible thing which is possible but still issue is continue.

HP Recommended

@Kirtesh_Patil

If you have already reinstalled the OS and the issue persists, have you contacted your Internet service provider and check?

Are you able to access these sites on other devices connected to the same network?

If the issue persists, I suggest you contact the HP Support in your region for one on one interaction to resolve this issue.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I am using mobile hotspot to access internet on Laptop not ISP connection. When I connect internet via mobile hotspot some kind of websites not access as I said previous messages, but if I connect same mobile via USB tethering all websites are working. some time USB tethering also make problem but if I restart the laptop its working. I am already update drivers from the HP website but still problem is there. I am thinking that HP need to provide updated the WiFi drivers compatible with Windows 10 version.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

My WiFi problem is resolved, its mobile side problem. I remove SIM Card from mobile and again put is back then it is working fine. I already try this prior but problem was not resolve, but I try once again then it is working fine. But before doing this other laptop working on my mobile hotspot instead of my HP laptop that's why is message on HP community. Thanks for support.

ignore my 09/05/2020 message because above activity done after 09/05/2020 day message.

Thank You.

HP Recommended

@Kirtesh_Patil

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.