Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Regardless of what I connect to (home, office, coffee shop), my WiFi connections says "No internet, secured."

I have gone through diagnostics, reset network settings, changed network adapter settings (including various DNS settings), tried to update WiFi driver, etc. No effect. Now many of my Microsoft services do not work because they do not see the internet, even though I connect just fine. Something in the system says otherwise. It is getting worse.  Need help!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Brandomonium, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would recommend you to follow the steps from the document HP PCs - Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No. I did all that. No effect. None. 

HP Recommended

Hi , I completely emphasize you and some of the so called HP reps don’t understand and are only looking for thumps up , thanks and other stuff, 

I have been in this situation since 13. 
I will drain my Battery and then zero it and use power button to discharge any. Cause I don’t want to remove the back panel of the 2in 1 I have.

will update.. again, keep trying till then.

HP Recommended

@Brandomonium There are many ways to fix this problem. It’s a good idea to run through each of the below options, as any of it can fix the problem. It’s just that you don’t know which one will work for every occurrence of this error! Since it is hard to pin down the exact cause of this error, you’ll have to try one or more of these solutions.

@Bintz I understand this could be frustrating, but we are here to help and I suggest you try the below steps to get this sorted, once and for all:

Change the property of your WiFi connection

Follow the steps below to change the properties of your connection.

• Hold the Windows key and press the letter “R.” In the run window, enter “ncpa.cpl” and click OK.
  • This will open the “network connections” window.
  • Choose your WiFi connection, right-click on the WiFi and choose “properties.”

​​​​​In this dialog box, ensure that the following options are checked.

1. Client for Microsoft networks
  2. File and printer sharing for Microsoft networks
  3. Link-layer topology discovery mapper I/O driver
  4. Internet protocol version 4, or TCP/IPv4
  5. Internet protocol version 6, or TCP/IPv6
  6. Link-layer topology discovery responder

Next, click on the network icon and locate the WiFi network that’s giving this error

• Unplug any Ethernet cable connected to your computer
  • Enable airplane mode on your computer
  • Restart the WiFi router
  • After the WiFi router is up, disable the airplane mode on your computer
  • Next, connect to the Wi-Fi connection again and it should work

Update the network adapter

Sometimes, an outdated driver can prevent your computer from connecting to the Internet. To fix:

• Press the Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box. Press enter and this will open the device manager window
  • In this window, double-click on “network adapters” to expand it
  • Identify the network adapter that your computer is currently using, right-click on it and choose “update driver software”

In the “update driver” dialog box, click on “search automatically” option. Windows will search for the updated driver software

• Next, open “network and sharing center.” To open, right-click on the network icon in your computer’s notification area and choose “open network and sharing center”
  • Look for “change adapter settings” in the left-hand menu and click on it
  • Next, right-click on your wireless network and choose “properties”
  • Uncheck the Internet protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) to disable it. Click OK
  • Close the window and restart your computer. Now, you should be able to access the Internet

If you’re not able to access the Internet still, try uninstalling your network adapter. To do that:

• Open the device manager and double-click on network adapters to expand it
  • Locate the network adapter you’re using for Internet connection, right-click on it, and choose “uninstall.” This will uninstall the network adapter from your computer
  • Next, look for a menu item called “action.” right at the top of the pane. Click and choose “Scan for hardware changes.” Windows will automatically scan and detect the network adapter and will even install it for you
  • Wait for the installation and then, restart your computer

This should fix any network adapter-related problems.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All you are doing is copying the same set of steps available on the internet that I already went through. I could've done that.

Oh wait -- I did.

I'm going to update to 1903 (manually, because my system STILL has not been offered that update), and see if this fixes the issue.

HP Recommended

@Brandomonium If you've done some step that I'm not aware off, please do elaborate, there's no other way of knowing what you have or haven't done unless you write it down, that said, I'm merely trying to help you with everything I've got in my arsenal, if you feel you can find the same thing on the internet, you are welcome to find the steps on your own, as well, I wish you good luck.

And updating to 1903 is a great idea, let me know if that works! 

Keep us posted and take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.