Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-f225nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I want to change my internal wi-fi card 1x1 802.11b/g/n (broadcom) with another card wich support the ac standard.

before buy another antenna and wi-fi card i need to know if my pc has a whitelist card in bios and if i can put my antenna on other place instead of lid.

Thank you in advance for the answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be no BIOS whitelist in that model series.

The Intel card is better because it has newer driver support than the BCM94352HMB. 

There are no newer BCM drivers beyond 2016, and the Intel drivers are from late 2018.

You will have to exactly duplicate the installation of the same antenna the same way, but run the cable on the opposite side of where the current wifi antenna is located.

This will require the complete dissassembly of the notebook including the display panel area to properly route the second antenna.

Here is the link to the service manual, the antenna installation procedure and antenna part number can be found in chapter 6.

I don't know which of the two kits you need.  They both state Pavilion 17.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04511833

If you are determined to buy the BCM94352HMB, then get this one...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP Part # 724935-001

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you want to go through the trouble of installing a second antenna/transceiver cable, then you can upgrade to this card...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon, and doesn't cost  much at all.

Do your search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer, but i want to install another card (Broadcom BCM94352HMB) and i need to know if my notebook has whitelist. The antenna needs to be installed in the notebook lid or it can be installed in other part?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be no BIOS whitelist in that model series.

The Intel card is better because it has newer driver support than the BCM94352HMB. 

There are no newer BCM drivers beyond 2016, and the Intel drivers are from late 2018.

You will have to exactly duplicate the installation of the same antenna the same way, but run the cable on the opposite side of where the current wifi antenna is located.

This will require the complete dissassembly of the notebook including the display panel area to properly route the second antenna.

Here is the link to the service manual, the antenna installation procedure and antenna part number can be found in chapter 6.

I don't know which of the two kits you need.  They both state Pavilion 17.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04511833

If you are determined to buy the BCM94352HMB, then get this one...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP Part # 724935-001

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the great and fast answers!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.