Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

Hi my daughters chrome book OS is not connecting to our home Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi works fine on other devices so can only assume it’s the laptop itself. I have forgot the Wi-Fi connection and reconnecting etc and still remains not working. When it doesn’t connect it says something along the lines of bad password and error configuring network. Any advise would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Kirsty2022,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with the HP Chromebook.

I have a few recommendations 

• Go into your Wi-Fi settings, choose the network, select Disconnect and try connecting again. Update the Chromebook. If possible, update your Chromebook to make sure you're running the current version of Chrome OS. Turn off your router and restart the Chromebook.
  • Move Closer to the Wi-Fi Router.
  • Restart the Router.
  • Rejoin the Wi-Fi Network.
  • Whitelist Your Chromebook.
  • Check for MAC Address Restriction.
  • Restart Your Chromebook.
  • Update Your Router's Firmware.
  • Reset the Wi-Fi router.

To connect to the Internet, use a compatible Wi-Fi network.

Step 1: Turn on Wi-Fi

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Not Connected .
    Note: If you see your Wi-Fi network name and a signal strength, your Chromebook is already connected to Wi-Fi.
  3. Turn on Wi-Fi
  4. Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.