Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook - 14-db0003na
Chrome OS

My son updated the system yesterday and since then the computer won’t connect to the WI-FI. It can’t find any networks, even though all other electronics in the house can. Have also tried to connect it to my phone’s hotspot, doesn’t find it. Have tried reset the Wi-Fi router, have done both a factory and a hard reset on the computer and still nothing. Am currently stuck on this screen. Have only had this computer since Christmas! Also, don’t understand why it says the warranty is expired as I only bought it in November… Very irritating because my son needs it to complete his homework.

image.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @PMATOS

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing connection-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please use the link below and follow the steps. Once done, let me know the outcome of it: CLICK HERE

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi. There is no link to follow other instructions for me to try?… Unless, I’m missing something?

HP Recommended

Here is a link that I shared: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/6318213?hl=en#:~:text=Make%20sure%20your%20Chromebook%2... 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is appalling support from HP! All you have given me is a simple Google link to Wi-Fi issues (which I had visited myself anyway!) and ends with “contact you Chromebook manufacturer for further advice” which is why I’m here!  The Twitter customer service team of the retailer I bought it from has so far been more useful than HP…

HP Recommended

I am really sorry you feel this way but here at HP if follow the troubleshooting from scratch so that we don't miss a simple and small mistake.

Looks like you have already performed a couple of troubleshooting. May I know the steps you have already performed so that we don't miss any?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, this is just ridiculous now! Have you thought about re-reading (and making an effort to understand!) my original post, as I detail the steps I have already taken? 

Please, can I be assigned to another support assistant who can actually help me? 

HP Recommended

Alright.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.