cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Wi-fi adapter suddnly stopped working

HP Recommended
Pavilion G7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a Pavilion G7 and the wireless network adapter has suddenly stopped working. It worked a couple of days ago and the computer hasn't been moved.

It doesn't show up in the Device Manager at all. I have tried the HP Support Assistant and Windows Troubleshooter. I also attempted to run HP Recovery but it is not running properly. If I hover my cursor over the icon in the taskbar it says that there are no connections available but I have another computer that is connecting without any issues. I know that it's not an ISP or modem issue but I restarted the modem anyway. I have also tried rebooting the computer a few times.

I removed the back cover and I can see that the adapter is a Ralink RT5390. Is it normal for these things to suddenly die? Is it best to buy a new one or is there something else that I should try first?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
6 3 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While i had the back cover off I wiggled the 2 wires to the adapter to make sure they were connected solidly. IDK if that did anything but I put it back together and started it up and it's working, at least for now. I did a driver update just for the heck of it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation