Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The information light is constantly on, what does this mean and how do I fix it?

My Deskjet is showing up in my list of available networks as DIRECT-CD-HP Deskjet 2600 series. How do I remove this from my list of available networks?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@franklaverty Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, here's all you need to know/do to resolve the issue:

• perform a hard reset.
    • Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
    • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
    • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
    • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
    • Wait at least 60 seconds.
    • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
    • NOTE: 
    • HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
    • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
    • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
    • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
  • if the printer is connected wireless, login to EWS and turn off the WiFI Direct:
    • ​​​​​​​Click here and look under connect to wifi direct for steps to turn it on/off.
    • If you get any error message when you open the EWS Page or make the above changes,

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.