Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 1803
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have connected my iPhone 8 to my Pavilion laptop using USB cable.  I see through iTunes that the phone is recognised.  The wifi connection to the iPhone is showing in the list of possible wi fi connections on the laptop as secure, but when I try to connect to it it says it is unable to connect.  On my iPhone the wifi is on, the personal hotspot is on and the Bluetooth is on.  I don't understand it.  I have also tried to connect via Bluetooth, again it says it is paired to the iPhone and the iPhone can see the laptop but when I go to connect it through the iPhone it says the laptop is unsupported.  I have tried other Bluetooth devices through the Bluetooth connection and the same thing happens hence trying the usb connection.  I just need to be able to connect to the iPhone as I need to use the iphone's internet connection.  Can anyone help me please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hayley7
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you trying to setup Hotspot connection?
  • Are you able to connect your computer or other wireless devices to your home network?
  • Have you tried using your iPhone internet connection on another device?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question.  I can connect to my Hp Laptop to my iphone via WIFI only.  I would prefer to connect to it via USB.  However, the USB is not shown as a connection option, only the WIFI connections are shown.   I have tried the USB connection on my DELL Laptop and it works perfectly on the Dell Laptop.  So I suspect there is something wrong with the settings on the HP Laptop...that prevents the USB connection from being available.. Can you help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.