Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Falco Chromebook
Chrome OS

I finally got my laptop to work after much trial and error however I can not connect to the internet so I have come back to see if anyone can help me out, the WiFi connection on the laptop keeps turning itself off and saying that no networks are available and manual entry yields the same result. Anyone have any clue on how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I just bought my first HP Chromebook (model 14a-na0023cl).  It was working when I first turned it on but then suddenly my 5Ghz wifi on my router just stopped working.  All my devices on 5Ghz would not work.  That's weird because that never happened to me before.  So I rebooted the router and everything was up and running.  Then it went down again after about an hour or so.  Sometimes faster.  This kept happening.  I realized this never happened until I brought this new Chromebook home.  I decided to switch the Chromebook to only connect to my 2.4Ghz wifi.  I never had the 5Ghz wifi issue again.  I really wanted to troubleshoot this but I see many people having similar issues but never coming up with a resolution.  After trying so many things to make the Chromebook work on the 5Ghz band, I finally decided to turn off 802.11a and 802.11n and only leave the 802.11ac on.  Now Chromebook is happy and I can use it all day without disconnecting on 5Ghz.  I don't know if this is the same issue you are having. 

UPDATE #1: Nevermind... 5Ghz wifi still doesn't work.  It only works on 2.4Ghz without issue. I would try switching to that to see if that fixes your problem.

UPDATE #2: I found a blog where somebody changed the wireless setting for the 5Ghz channel.  Recommended is either below 48 or above 149.   I went 161 and it seemed to work fine so far.  My wifi has been stable and the chromebook hasn't lost connection in a few hours.

UPDATE #3: Chromebook took out my 5Ghz wifi again.  I'm going back to 2.4Ghz.  Either the network chip on the chromebook isn't good or the driver needs to be fixed.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.