Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP Laptop 15.  The WiFi is constantly disconnecting and the only way to get a connection is to reboot the PC.

I have tried all the wizards but nothing works.  I do get the message scan to PC is n o longer active sometimes when this happens.  The PC is less than a year old and this is really, really frustrating

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Hello

This is the model number Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

Thanks

Martin

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Martin:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update the wifi driver to this version, and see if that resolves the problem...

2024.0.8.103      Apr 24, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95501-96000/sp95797.exe

Description:

This package contains the DCHU driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, and RTL8822BE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook and desktop models running a supported Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 10 Cloud operating systems.

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue on a system running in DC mode where the wireless LAN disconnects unexpectedly .
- Fixes an issue on a system running in DC mode where the WiFi scan list displays
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.