Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Product name: Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa1xxx

I just installed Riot Client, Valorant and League of Legends. When the Riot client was installing it asked me to install something outside the game that has to do with WiFi connection (I can’t tell you exactly what) it seemed like a adapter service or something like that. After that I close the games and open the opera Browser, I was 20min in a YouTube video and I lost internet connection, and when I tried to check my WiFi, suddenly the WiFi option in the bottom right disappeared. I can only see: airplane mode (in gray you can’t click on it), battery saver, night light, accessibility, brightness and volume.

I already tried the HP network troubleshooting tool, it said there is no WiFi adapter, I also tried the windows troubleshooting and restored the adapter config to factory, I also restarted the laptop, I also tried to boot the network adapter from the Bios directly. Everything that has to to with the device manager option is impossible since the WiFi adapter card is not showing up there. I also try to find and repair any wrong file using the command scf /scannow and the issue is the same after restart.

please, please, help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.