Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook Z3E90EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having many problems with ny network card for the HP Pavilion Z3E90EA notebook:

every hour I need to reset it for it to become avilable again, the yellow warning sign is appearing on the wireless icon in Windows, and the only solution is to reset the adapter.

Sometimes the adapter simply disconnects.

I tried to install the original driver for it, or to update the driver through Windows Update service.

Is there another driver to install?

Model: Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Hardware IDS:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_81C1103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_81C1103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_0280

Thank you,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mark2010,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with wireless dropping connection till it is restarted. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂  I will be glad to assist you here

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you completely uninstall and reinstall the wireless card drivers?
  • Do other devices on the same network, connect to the router and go online correctly?

For now, try these steps:

• First, check if the computer connects using a hardwired Ethernet cable on a wired connection

If it does please perform these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and wireless network drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions through the hardwired ethernet cable connection.
  • Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.

Now check if the issue gets fixed.

If it continues, then perform these steps:

1) Push the Windows Key and the letter “R” at the same time.

2) In The Run command box type “services.msc” and hit enter or click on OK.

3) In this window, click the Name column header (where it says “Name”) to sort by the service name.

4) Scroll down to find WLAN AutoConfig service. Stop the service first. Then restart it and make sure that it runs automatically.

5) Make sure that dependency services are also stopped and restarted.

This should do the trick for you.

If this does not fix the issue, then perform these steps:

A second option is to try these steps:
Power cycle the network:
1. Shut down your notebook.
2. Unplug the power to your router.
3. Unplug the power to your modem.
4. Wait at least 45 seconds.
5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.
6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.
7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.

Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Now check if the issue gets fixed. If the problem continues, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://hp.care/2ikk02C (HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If there are no hardware issues with the wireless card this should fix the issue. If it still continues, then perform a push button reset of Windows 10 from this linkhttps://hp.care/2toQrBj

after backing up your important data. Now check for issue resolution. There is a YouTube video on how to do thisIf the issue continues, then the wireless card here is the culprit and needs to be replaced.

A great workaround would be is to buy a USB wireless adapter from Best Buy or Staples or from Amazon or e-bay and plug it to one of the USB ports of the computer. Then connect it to the router to go online. It is very economical and cost-effective and can be ordered for a song.  

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day! I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I reintalled the network driver using the HP troubleshooter, and I am monitoring the network to see if the problem re-appears. I will let you know if something goes wrong.

Thank you for your concern.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.