Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having hardware issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I've got HP 250 G5 laptop i3 5th gen with installed Windows 10 64-bit. My WiFi router (Tenda AC8) is 2 band (2,4Ghz + 5Ghz) and is setted at single SSID for both bands but laptop only connects to 2,4Ghz. If I divide in the router's settings SSIDs for 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz then laptop can connect to 5Ghz network, but it's more comfortable for me when there is 1 common SSID. WiFi adapter of the laptop is "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165". I've setted in it's settings "preffered frequency = 5Ghz" but it doesn't helped. I've tryed to install the WiFi module driver from HP's official support page (ver 21.40.2.2 Rev.P) but after successfull installation I still see the previous driver (ver 22.130.0.5) must be because it is newer, and there is no driver 21.40.2.2 in the list of accessible drivers for WiFi module (only the newest 22.130.0.5 and some old versions: 17.15..., 19.51...). My smartphone which is laying near the laptop perfectly understands that it's a double band WiFi network with 1 SSID and connects to 5Ghz, but laptop doesn't. Is there a way to make this HP laptop to connect to 5Ghz network without splitting networks on "network" and "network_5G" in the router?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I've solved the problem: it seems that Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 doesn't support wireless channels for 5GHz Network like 149...-...161 but supports only 36-48 channels and it was set in router as auto (161 in my case). Hope it will help someone!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.