Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP255 G7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem is an annoyance, but it isn't serious. When booting up the WiFi connection is automatic, just as the settings specify. However, when waking from hibernation or sleep, it doesn't connect. I have to click on the icon in the taskbar and select the correct network (at the top of the list), and click "Connect", which it does immediately. However, it also shows the ticked box "Connect Automatically" (which it doesn't). While that pop-up is still showing I can click on one of the other networks listed (neighbours), and "Connect Automatically" is showing there too. I can uncheck one of those, but as soon as I go back to it the tick re-appears.

This is a new (3 months) computer, with this problem starting after the first three. months, and I've not encountered this particular problem before. All other computers on this network (Nova mesh) are behaving correctly. I have no idea if this is a driver problem or a Windows problem. Any help wpould be appreciated, as I don't know where to look.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just an update on this question:

I followed the advice given to similar problems, and uninstalled the adapter driver (but NOT deleting it). After restarting the computer, and letting it sleep a few times, and shutting it down to hibernate a few times, after four days it (fingers crossed) works fine now.

I would suggest that as I've noticed quite a few similar queries since this one, there is a fundamental problem with either the Realtek software or the hardware set-up tht need serious investigation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just an update on this question:

I followed the advice given to similar problems, and uninstalled the adapter driver (but NOT deleting it). After restarting the computer, and letting it sleep a few times, and shutting it down to hibernate a few times, after four days it (fingers crossed) works fine now.

I would suggest that as I've noticed quite a few similar queries since this one, there is a fundamental problem with either the Realtek software or the hardware set-up tht need serious investigation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.