Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1024wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i open my laptop after it's been closed for a while (like a few days)  i find that the wifi has disconnected and when i try to reconnect it shows that it can't connect to my network and when I shut my wifi off then turn it back on there no networks for it to connect to. the only way I can get it to reconnect is to press and hold the power button to turn it off then press and hold it for like 10 seconds and then turn it back on and it connects. BTW i have my power setting to not have the computer sleep or go into standby when i close the lid. this is so if i want to listen to something on my computer when I go to sleep it won't keep me awake with that blue light

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Please perform a hard reset on your HP notebook. Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery (if removable). Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Afterwards reconnect the battery and the power supply. And Now try to power it back on.

Go to Device Manager and check under Network Adapters whether the wifi driver has any error or exclamation or whether any wifi driver is present at all. Go to HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and download the latest WIFI driver corresponding to the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

Run the driver file and restart the notebook . Problem should resolve there.For any additional help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

HP Recommended

the hard reset didn't work, and i just witnessed it first hand while watching a video. the video would buffer then start again after a few seconds then buffer permanently when click refresh it gives me a timed out error then it finally refreshes and then it goes from the windows wifi symbol to the windows no internet symbol again i have to push and hold the power button then push it to turn it on to get it to reconnect. the thing is that it's not that my wifi isn't connecting is that when it disconnects the windows wifi menu shows that there is no wifi  networks to connect to at all

HP Recommended

it just happened when i opened up my laptop a few minutes ago but this time I took a screenshot 

here's what it looks like normally

mshroyer1_1-1613389011273.png

here's what it looks like when the wifi is disconnected

mshroyer1_2-1613389044663.png

it appears that the wifi option is gone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.