Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook 15-dy1031wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I recently purchased this laptop - 15-dy1031wm (product number: 9EM65UA#ABA), and noticed an issue with WiFi.

I normally put my laptop to Sleep mode when I'm not using it. I also set it to automatically Sleep after 2hours. 

When I turn it back on from Sleep mode, the WiFi does not automatically connect. Other devices in my house do not have issues connecting to my WiFi router, including my work laptop that doesn't have this issue. 

Is there a setting or configuration somewhere that I need to tweak to fix this? or is this is a known issue for this laptop? 

This is the network adapter:

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter

Driver version: 2024.0.10.214

Thank you,

Kris Caldoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

I created a Power plan called "High Performance" - and set Maximum performance on the Wireless adapter. I believe that fixed the issue. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to turn off the power save mode for the adapter in the device manager.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category.

Click on the Realtek wifi adapter listed there.  Click on the Power Management Tab.

Uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

I actually already did that yesterday, but it didn't fix the issue  😞

I was wondering if there is a setting under the Advanced tab that would help fix this?Advanced.JPG

or in Windows somewhere?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I just looked in the advanced settings for my Intel 7265 wifi adapter and don't see anything that looks like it would apply to the issue you are having.

Is there anything under the power plan options in the Windows control panel that might apply?

There are settings there for the wireless adapter.

https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/wi-fi-power-settings/

When you do a search for the issue, they all seem to indicate that the best way to fix the problem is to uncheck the setting you already have.

I did notice that there is a newer wifi driver than the one on your notebook's support page.

You may want to see if updating the driver does anything to resolve the issue.

2024.0.10.217    Aug 10, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107501-108000/sp107515.exe

Fixes and enhancements:

- Optimizes the Wireless LAN scanning mechanism.
- Provides support for Windows 10 v1803 and later versions.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

I created a Power plan called "High Performance" - and set Maximum performance on the Wireless adapter. I believe that fixed the issue. 

HP Recommended

That is great news.

Glad you were able to solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.