cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Tomboiski
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

WiFi - literally gone.

HP Recommended
Compaq CQ58 Notebook PC

Hello,

ive never had any issues with WiFi. Started laptop today and although it showed connected to my wireless, it wasn’t.

Then I tried to disconnect and reconnect, however when I disconnected, the WiFi disappeared. Straight after this, all WiFi just disappeared. Even in ‘Network and Internet Settings’ there is no option for WiFi settings - just Ethernet and dial up.

Everywhere I go on my laptop, there are no WiFi settings. I’ve tried lots of things (including turning on and off)

ive reinstalled stuff etc. Whether or not it’s to do with an update, I don’t know because it can’t connect to any internet.

when I click on the WiFi button at the bottom of desktop, it just comes up with flight mode (which of course is off)

any help?

many thanks

tom

1 REPLY 1
Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there, please try the following troubleshooting step-

please go to Device Manager and check under Network Adapters whether the wifi driver has
any warning or exclamation or whether any wifi driver is present at all. Alternately, go to HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and download the right WIFI driver corresponding to the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

Run the driver file and restart the notebook . Problem should resolve there. For any help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail by this name. Thanks.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation