Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-e074se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Bluetooth of adapter(Ralink RT3290) not visible in Device Manager, HP Hardware diagnostic tool and network adapters. The laptop doesn't even recognise that wifi exists. Wi-Fi is malfunctioning.

Please share the list of compatible wifi-Bluetooth cards for pavilion 15-e074se laptop(Intel Core i3-3110M)

I would be very happy if I found out that my laptop supports some models with dual band Wi-Fi.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a very common issue with that model wifi adapter and there is no fix other than to go back to W8.1.

You can replace the Ralink card with this model...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Before installing the card, uninstall the Ralink wifi adapter in the device manager, and check the uninstall driver box.

Uninstall any Ralink bluetooth software if appearing in the Windows control panel>programs.

At the top of the device manager, click on the View tab, and select the Show hidden devices option.

Then go to the light colored Bluetooth device manager category, uninstall the Ralink bluetooth adapter and driver.

Shut down, unplug the PC, remove the battery and install the Intel wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658

HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed and helpful answer.
If I find an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 model  on any trading floor without reference HP Part # 710661-001, will the card work?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I can't guarantee it 100%, but as long as the card you are interested in doesn't indicate that is is not compatible with HP notebooks, it should work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.