Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

In my laptop wifi button is not working,evetime it is showing orange colour only. Please tell me how can i enable the wifi in the laptop. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @HAFEEZ_30,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the Wifi button does not work. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to reinstall the Wifi drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Do a hard reset of the notebook to see if that gets the card to show up: Click here for instructions

Please try performing a BIOS default on your PC.

To perform BIOS default turn on your PC keep tapping F10 key.

You will boot into BIOS, Go to file tab select defaults from the list.

Press F10 to save changes and exit. 

Check if the wireless button is working now.

If the issue still persists let's try to update the Bios, chipset and Wireless drivers from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, recover the original drivers from HP/Recovery manager. 

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.