Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve been encountering WiFi issues for roughly the past week on and off. The connection would drop but come back after a few minutes. Now there is no connection at all. I can connect fine on phone’s WiFi and checked the router which doesn’t seem to be the issue.

My present situation might have followed from an update yesterday. Looking at other recent posts on this forum, I’ve tried to piece it all together and attempted various methods to remedy the problem. This seems to be affecting multiple people.

Restore: I tried to restore to a backup point before the update. So it reset to where it was yesterday. This did not fix my WiFi problem.

I also tried accessing Device Manager > Network adapters > Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 to check the device status. It shows “The device is working properly.” I tried the Update Driver and Roll Back Driver and Disable Device (followed by Enable Device) options but the laptop WiFi still doesn’t work. 

Troubleshooting via HP Support Assistant: I tried a Network Check which involved resetting the Intel(R) adapter, but still no change. Network Diagnostics show “! Connection Status” and “Possible Root Causes: The connection was cancelled...If you did not cancel it, it isn’t possible that the request timed out.” No WiFi on laptop.

Checked HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (tapping F2 at start up). System Tests > Fast Test showed no issues. Component Tests > Wireless Module showed no issues. The laptop will not connect to WiFi.

Finally, I tried another reset option I researched that involved turning off the laptop, pressing down the power button for 15 seconds, then turning the laptop back on. Still no luck.

Please advise. If anyone has the same WiFi problems, share the details such as conditions around when it started and what you’ve tried to fix it. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vadati

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• From the Start screen, type device manager to open the Search charm, and then select Device Manager from the search results. Double-click Network adapters. Right-click the name of your wireless network adapter, and then select Uninstall.
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03535285 to complete the troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and have tried the solutions offered but still Wifi does not work. No issue with Bluetooth connection. Very frustrating 

HP Recommended

@Nea2

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.