Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-cx0512na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

My laptop uses Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter to connect internet. However, I have had problems with wifi connection since I bought it. In the beginning when I updated Realtek driver, it fixed the issue. Then, when I change my location, it started to have again. I made all necessary updates but did not fixed it. After, I contacted with HP Support, they helped me for further updates and I installed them but didn't help. My wifi connection kept dropping. Finally, HP Support team said that router and Realtek are incompatible. Hence, they suggested to change the router because as they said computer works perfectly. I asked why other devices like mobile and laptops can connect with no problem and mine not. They said because other devices use different card to connect. So, problem comes from Realtek, not from the router, doesn't it? They said no computer works perfectly. I asked what type of router should I buy for Realtek to be compatible, they couldn't give any list. Just kept repeating change the router. No warranty that new router is going to work due to incompatibility. I also asked if I have similar problem in other place like another office (client so on), or friends house, hotel etc, do I ask to change router? The answer was YES with no shame. It seemed to me like Realtek is not compatible with all type of routers. What can I do for the above issue because I think just changing router is not a proper solution?

Best Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11 ac  PCIe adaptor

Same process with HP... same answer! Really unacceptable. 

I changed the router at home (twice!!!) and finally found one (G5) that works fine. But once I move to other places outside my home there is a 50% chance that the router there is not compatible!

HP Recommended

@ozan23 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issues with Wifi connection.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.