Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4 1060us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I am in a trouble. According to your suggestion I have changed my previous wifi adapter and have setted a new wifi adapter. New chip is Ralink RT3090bc4 (Sps# 602992-001)

Now I have no driver. by giving driver from driverpack online its not working. please provide me the exact driver for windows 7 64 bit ultimate. The wifi network sign in appeared bt when I go for connect and give my password for wifi, it says windows was unable to connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver works for you...

5.0.53.0     May 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver works for you...

5.0.53.0     May 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

HP Recommended

Sir,

I am asking your help again.

Laptop: HP Pavilion dm4 1060us notebook

Windows 7 x64 bit ultimate

Wifi Adapter: Ralink RT3090bc4

SPS# 602992-001

After Replacing the old card, I open my laptop and install a new windows 7. After compliting installing windows 7, I found that there were wifi network bar in my notification panel rather than square box for dial up or eethernet network. that means wifI adapter is installed. Then I press the wireless key. when it turned to white color from orange then I found my router name which shows excellent network. I click on it and give the security password. when I pressed to connect.then it says that "Windows was unable to connect ABCZone(my router name). In 'Device Manager>Network Adapter', there was also present the wifi driver.  I also tried by updating it through driverpack online and driverbooster pro. but no output. I have also tried by your provided mediatek ralink driver but no output same message could not connect. I have also changed my windows 7 disc. same mesage.  for ur concern I want to tell u that In 'BIOS' WlAN FCC ID and Bluetooth FCC ID are available'

Is the device ok?

If it ok, then where's the problem?

when it shows the wireless signal automatically then do I need to install its driver manually?

What can I do?

Please... 

HP Recommended

Hi:

From what you wrote, everything sounds fine to me, so why the wifi won't connect after entering your wifi password, unfortunately I have no idea.

HP Recommended

sir,

I think the problem is in antenna connection.

can u please tell me on which port the black and white port will be attached?

I attached white in no:1 port.

I cant check right now because of night

HP Recommended

Hi:

Take a look at chapter 4, page 50 of the service manual at the link below.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03106715

Position your notebook so that it matches the picture, and connect the white and black antenna cables to the wifi card as illustrated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.