Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Y6G60EA#ABE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hola, me gustaria cambiar mi tarjeta wireles por una con protocolo 802.11ac pero no encuentro un modelo compatible tras intentarlo con varios modelos.

Pueden decirme cual seria a nivel interno?...no me gustaria tener que poner una USB.

Gracias.

-------------------------------------

Hello, I would like to exchange my wireles card for one with 802.11ac protocol but I can't find a compatible model after trying several models.

You can tell me what it would be internally?... I wouldn't want to have to put a USB.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the only model that I know of that would work in your PC's model series...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or at the HP parts store for 14.41 Euros

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=4FD6E2EE85EE4303B45C82E7CA434F28

The card has the same throughput as your current wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router, it has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS.

Here is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748

HP Recommended

In the manual say that is posible inte ac3165 or 3168. That is posible?

thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, but the bluetooth won't work, because those two model wifi cards require two antennas to work properly, and your notebook only has one.

That is why I recommended the Realtek card.  It has the same specs as the Intel cards, but the bluetooth will also work with one antenna.

HP Recommended

I understand that if I put another antenna from another old laptop it would work. Does it have to be a specific antenna? Anyway, the official page says 1x1 and I understand that it works with 1 antenna, right?

HP Recommended

1 x 1 has nothing to do with how many antennas are installed.

1 x 1 means the card can handle one data stream down and one data stream up.

That can be accomplished with one or two antennas depending on the model of the wifi card.

You would need to buy the antenna kit listed in chapter 3 of the service manual, and you would have to be prepared to completely disassemble the notebook including the display panel area to properly run the second antenna.

If you are going to go through all of that trouble, then I suggest you install the Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter, which has twice the throughput of the Intel 3165/3168.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac 2 × 2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter    HP  part # 793840-005.

I would just buy the Realtek AC card I suggested.  That would be the easiest thing to do.

HP Recommended

Are you sure that this card passes the bios limitations imposed by hp? in the manual it says nothing about it. If it tells me that it works, I would buy that card ... but in the manual it says nothing.

HP Recommended

As far as I am aware that model does not have a BIOS whitelist, so you should be able to install any wifi card you want.

I have suggested the best and easiest way to upgrade the internal card, and have nothing further to add.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help, but I don't think the comment "I have nothing more to add, luck" is inappropriate. I have tried an Intel 3160 and it has not worked, I have also read other forums that have suggested a card and it was not valid. That is why I was incapie in my question, I do not think it is to bother like this ... the truth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.