Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a

HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now it seems that my wireless adapter which is an Intel Centrino N 2230 is having problems.  Sometimes when I start my laptop it shows No Connections Available.  Sometimes it will show connections available but can't connect.  To solve the problem I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall.    I checked to see if there updates for the driver through Device Manager and it says my driver is up to date.  This is my product number A3E82AV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model card doesn't work with the newer builds of W10 and Intel has no driver support for it anymore.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to do what other dv6-7xxx Intel notebook owners have done, and that is to replace/upgrade the Intel 2230 to this model wifi card:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon.

Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

That model card doesn't work with the newer builds of W10 and Intel has no driver support for it anymore.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to do what other dv6-7xxx Intel notebook owners have done, and that is to replace/upgrade the Intel 2230 to this model wifi card:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part # 710661-001

The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon.

Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, can you send me a link to one you would recommend?  I found this one https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-AC-Network-Bluetooth-7260-HMWWB-R/dp/B00N7474CS/ref=asc_df_B00...  but one user said

"Dead easy to install for me. Just a couple of screws, 2 clips and another screw. About 3 minutes to install, but the HP laptop I used had easy access.

On the advice of another review, I installed the drivers in advance, and wifi worked straight away (I had to re-join the wifi network). Speed is excellent, the 5ghz band works a treat.

However, bluetooth has not shown up at all. I tried re-downloading, re-installing drivers, using windows bluetooth troubleshooter etc. etc., but it just doesn't seem to exist. Nothing in Device Manager. Just the "Intel Wireless-N 7260" under networking. "

HP Recommended

Hi:

I would get one on eBay.  This one has the correct sps #, where the one you posted did not.

You can get them a few bucks less if you buy one from a Chinese seller, but with that coronavirus epidemic over there, I would be leery ordering something direct from China right now.

This item is located in Florida.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-HP-710661-001-Intel-Dual-Wireless-AC-7260-7260HMW-BT-4-0-PCIe-Half/...

As far as the BT not working...If the person installed the card in a model with an AMD processor, the BT won't work.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul!  Just ordered it.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know if the card works in all respects and resolved the wifi connection problem.

Intel has quit supporting that card too but the drivers are updated through May of last year.

These are the latest ones you can update to after you install the card. 

W10 should automatically install the drivers for it initially.

Wifi:   Version: Latest (Latest) Date: 5/21/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28621/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

Bluetooth:   Version: Latest (Latest) Date: 5/21/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Fam...

When updating the bluetooth software, go to the Windows control panel>Programs>Uninstall a program.

Let the list populate.   Find and uninstall any Intel Bluetooth software listed there.

Restart the PC, and install the updated driver.

HP Recommended

Will do!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, the part came in and it was easy to install.  Installed the WiFi driver and it works fine now.  The only hiccup was when I tried to uninstall the Bluetooth in my add/remove programs like you suggested.  The Uninstall and Modify buttons were grayed out.  I tried clicking on uninstall and nothing happened.  I then went ahead and installed the new Bluetooth driver.  In hindsight maybe I should have went into Device Manager to uninstall the driver that way?  Seems to be working now.  I had to re-add my Bluetooth headphones as a new device but I got it connected.  Thanks for all your help!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

The BT might be the old W7 software that stayed in the control panel and that is why it couldn't be removed.

Enjoy the new card.  Not only has the intermittent wifi problem gone away, but you now have a dual band wifi card that can connect with speeds up to 867 MBPS with an AC router on the 5.0 GHz wifi band.

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried using that model but it doesn't work with the newer version of W10 and Intel also has no driver support for it. The only suggestion I can offer would be to do what other dv6-7xxx Intel notebook owners have done, and that is to replace/upgrade the Intel 2230 to this model best wifi adapter for gaming: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0 HP Part # 710661-001 The card is readily available on eBay or Amazon. Search by the HP part number, not by the model number of the wireless card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.