Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i m having same problem as you guys are having, Have Any of you solved this problem without replacing the hardware, I updated the drivers and it works for about 2-3 hours later i faced same problems and is HP taking any steps on this as it happens to most of us who have used this laptop,

If anyone has solved this problems please let us now, how you solved it, I m so dissappointed, Everything is good but wifi sucks In this laptop, 

HP Recommended

I finally swapped out my Intel 2230 card for a used Qualcom Atheros QCA9565 I got off ebay.  Seems to be working fine.  I haven't tested it in Windows; and I most likely wont, as I find running Windows 7 in VirtualBox within CentOS 7 a very pleasureable experience.

The only thing I've noticed is the wireless indicator light on the F12 key stays amber when the card is working... but I can live with that.

Paid about $14 for the card on ebay.  In fact, the ebay seller sent two cards if one didn't work.  If anyone here has a need for a card, let me know and I'll pass it along (I didn't test it cause the first one worked).

Note:  replaced the keyboard as well... that was not a pleasant experience.  You have to gut the entire machine from the bottom up and risk snapping all sorts of tiny plastic catches... horrible.  I "only" snapped two tiny catches on the bottom cover but the machine went back together tight.  I seriously considered just parting out the machine when I had it all apart, instead of putting it back together.  Even had to borrow a phillips screwdriver from an iPhone repair kit to get it done.  Had to use a USB microscope and tweasers to repair the flimly wires on the speakers as you cannot tear down this machine without something snapping.

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

With all the input I've read and applied from this forum, my laptop keeps on dropping the internet.  I've downloaded the driver from Intel, I had the HP tech to downloaded for me, it kept happening, so I reached out to HP again and they cleaned up my computer.  Still happening and it seems more frequently.  I don't want to drop another $100 on HP tech services to not solve the problem.    I work from home and this is really getting to the point where it is getting ridiculous.  Can anyone help me, please?

HP Recommended

you can try calling 1-877-917-4380 and start from there.  HP finally set us up with a return label/box and they did the replacement.  I would mention that this is a known issue and request their help.  I will add that when I got in touch with them, they were very helpful.  That being said, I have not been able to verify the solution worked but will be able to do so in about a month.  The owner of the laptop (my mother) says it's working now.  The repair order says they made the following part change although I don't know if this is what is causing your issue.  

1 728890-001 ANTENNA

Good luck!

HP Recommended

there is a problem with my hp envy m6 wifi connection keeps dropping on ths devise beside it doesnt connect to any usb driver and also to the headphone.....i m just fed up of ths i dnt knw wht to do wth ths **bleep**ty devise

HP Recommended
How can you connect with chat if you dont have internet access?
HP Recommended

This problem was solved when I downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop.  I've never had wi-fi dropping anymore.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hey. I have the HP envy M6-k015dx Touchsmart Sleekbook and when I first got it my internet was fine. I thought it was an update that messed up my internet connection so for 2 years I updated drivers and updated software and everything. I saw a few posts about buying a usb network adapter because the network adapter built into my computer was wired up backwards. I go to school for electronics so I figured if it is wired up backwards why don't i just open my computer and just find the network adapter and rewire it? Little do you know i open the computer and fine the Intel Centrino Wirless-N 2230 adapter. The Black wire said 1 and was connected to 1 and the white wire said 2 and was connected to 2. I unplugged and put the white #2 wire on the #1 input and Black #1 wire on #2 input. WHAT DO YOU KNOW I put everything together and after 2 YEARS the internet problem is solve. it took me 10 minutes! HP shouldve recalled items if they built it backwards!!! Hope this helps you it solved my problem immidiately. 

HP Recommended

Hey there! I have a ENVY Model 6-1115eo. I bought it for 4 or 5 years ago with Windows 8 and shortly updated it to Windows 8.1 It was really anoing, allways dropping internetconnection. I made a lot of test with newer and older drivers and found one that it worked perfect until i updated to Windows 10. The mysterie began again. I found another driver here at Intel. Ver. 15.11.0.7 is working perfect on my HP ENVY with Windows 10 and INTEL(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N2230. No drop out with Internet and Bluetooth at the same time. No need to change any setup at all. It works very stabel and now I am very happy with my PC.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem using a Broadcom adapter.

I have tried several drivers, have run both Windows 10, and Linux Mint 17.2, no improvement noted.  This is a puzzle.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.