Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WIFI disconnect randomly when I am not connected to electricity.

However, when I charge my laptop my wifi never drops.

I already unselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"  in the adapter setting but nothing happned 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RamyTadros,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

If the issue persists, let's try these steps here: 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
3) Right-click on the network adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, try these steps -

1) Press Windows and the R button together to open the "Run" window. 

2) Type - services.msc and hit enter button or click on ok. 

3) Look for "Wlan AutoConfig" in the list. 

4) Right click on it and open "Properties". 

5) Select "Startup Type" as "Automatic" from the list. Click on "Apply" and then click on "Ok" and restart the computer. 

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless issues with your PC.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thx Jeet_Singh for your answer.. I tried all what you said.. First day it worked perfectly and remained online even unplugged.. Then next day it returned to its bad habit and got disconnected when not plugged 

Even the battery was almost 100% charged it is disco

HP Recommended

@RamyTadros,

It's great to have you back. 

In this scenario, I would suggest you could try to use a different compatible charger and check if it helps. 

Alternatively, you can also try try re-installing the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. 

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”. 
2) Expand “Batteries”. 
3) Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
4) Click on “Uninstall”. 
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 
6) Shutdown the computer. 
7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in. 
8) When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 
9) Go to Device Manager. 
10) Expand Batteries. 
11) Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.