Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR)

My wifi disconnected and there is no place on the network page for me to reconnect it what can I do 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Hsines-83,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are having issues with connectivity. 

If your HP Notebook - 15-F272wm is experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues and you can't find a way to reconnect to a network, here are some steps you can try:

Restart Your Laptop: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Restart your laptop and check if the Wi-Fi option reappears.

Check Wi-Fi Toggle Switch or Function Key: Some laptops have a physical switch or a function key (e.g., F2 or F12) to enable or disable Wi-Fi. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on using these controls.

Check Device Manager:

• Press Windows + X and select "Device Manager."
  • Expand the "Network adapters" section.
  • Look for your Wi-Fi adapter (usually named something like "Wireless Network Adapter").
  • If it has a yellow exclamation mark or is disabled, right-click on it and select "Enable."

Update Wi-Fi Driver:

• Go to the HP support website.
  • Enter your laptop model (15-F272wm).
  • Download and install the latest Wi-Fi driver for your laptop.
  • Restart your laptop after installing the driver.

Run Network Troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + I to open Settings.
  • Go to "Update & Security" > "Troubleshoot."
  • Select "Internet Connections" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Reset Network Settings:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

Restart your laptop.

Check Airplane Mode: Ensure that Airplane mode is turned off, as it disables all wireless connections.

Perform a System Restore: If the issue started recently, you can try restoring your laptop to a point before the problem occurred.

Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows operating system is up to date, as updates can sometimes fix connectivity issues.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a hardware problem with your Wi-Fi adapter. In that case, consider contacting HP phone support for further assistance.

You may also refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.