Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I switched on my laptop, in taskar in place of wifi symbol it shows lan symbol while no lan has been connected to my laptop. In network and Internet section wifi option is not shown as well. I am unable to connect to internet through wifi. Please Help

Aditya

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Go to Device Manager and check under Network Adapters whether the wifi driver has
any warning or exclamation or whether any wifi driver is present at all. Alternately, go to
HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and download the right WIFI driver corresponding to
the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

Run the driver file and restart the notebook . Problem
should resolve there. For any help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail by this name. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.