cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
vnedelka
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Wifi is not working

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My HP Pavilion g6 laptop which operates Windows 10

All been working fine until yesterday when the orange light on the f12 button came on and laptop won't connect to the internet.  we can't turn this light off.

Any help would be most grateful

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Hello there, please try the following troubleshooting steps- 

1. Please perform a hard reset on your HP notebook. Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery (if removable). Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Afterwards reconnect the battery and the power supply. And Now try to power it back on.

2.Go to Device Manager and check under Network Adapters whether the wifi driver has any warning or exclamation or whether any wifi driver is present at all. Go to HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and download the right WIFI driver corresponding to the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

Run the driver file and restart the notebook . Problem should resolve there. For any additional help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there,

Hello there, please try the following troubleshooting steps- 

1. Please perform a hard reset on your HP notebook. Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery (if removable). Now press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Afterwards reconnect the battery and the power supply. And Now try to power it back on.

2.Go to Device Manager and check under Network Adapters whether the wifi driver has any warning or exclamation or whether any wifi driver is present at all. Go to HP.COM Software and Driver downloads page and download the right WIFI driver corresponding to the S/N and P/N of your HP Notebook.

Run the driver file and restart the notebook . Problem should resolve there. For any additional help I am always available on HP Forum on fb and gmail. Thanks.

Indijobs4u
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the issue by the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned.

Tech9Next
Level 3
54 54 3 9
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there, I am glad that my troubleshooting steps helped someone. Will try and keep posting solutions whenever possible. HP Rocks !!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation