Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My HP Pavillion 15AK112NL wifi is not working. I have to reset network settings and restart it several times to get the wifi running and when I restart it next time. Same issue arrives again.

I have downloaded the drivers from HP website and have installed several times but it doesn't solve the problem.

It has very poor performance from the very first day I purchased it. I am wondering that it has i7 processor, 8GB Ram and 4GB graphics card but still the performance is pathetic. I somehow managed to adjust with these things as mostly I have to work on server but that wifi issue is driving mr crazy. Any solution for this would be appreciable. 

Thanks in advance.

Vish

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Not sure about the wifi adaptor. It shows the error "The Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adaptor is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems." So i think the adaptor is Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn.

Thanks

Vish

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Vish.

Yep, that's the one.

OK...

Download this driver (use another PC if you can't connect via ethernet, and copy it to a USB flash drive, and copy the driver file to your notebook's hard drive.  Put it where you can find it like in your user profiles 'Downloads' folder.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96885.exe

Once you have done that, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, right click on the troubled  Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn wifi adapter, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC, run and install the updated driver file you saved, and see if that resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded and installed the drivers from the link you have provided. It worked for my for the first time and when I restarted the laptop same problem arise again. I reinstalled the drivers and restarted the laptop several times but its not working now. I have attached the photo of current situation of Network drivers.

Do you have any other reliable solution for thus problem?

Thanks

Vishvjeet

IMG_20190925_220300.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

From what I can tell from your screenshot, the Realtek wifi adapter has completely disappeared from the device manager, which is not a good thing.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to go to the device manager, at the top of the device manager window, click on the View tab.

Select the Show Hidden Devices option.

Now go back to the network adapters device manager category.

Click to expand that category.

You should now see the Realtek wifi adapter in light shade.

Right click on it, select Uninstall.  Check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC, and see if windows installs it normally again.

If it keeps disappearing I would try backing up your files and do a factory reset of the notebook.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, most likely the wifi card has a hardware defect and would need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I have reinstalled the drivers and restarted a few times and it worked this time. 

After showing the hidden devices it looks like everything is ok with the drivers. Please check the attached photo. Its working now and it will again stop working when I will restart it next time.

Do you think is it still the issue with network adapter as it works just perfect sometime?

ThanksIMG_20190925_231146.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it looks fine now according to your screenshot.

Uninstall all of those light shaded devices you see listed there.

You don't need them.

They are getting created every time the wifi adapter shows up.

If it happens again, the only way you are going to be able to confirm the wifi adapter is bad would be to factory reset the notebook, or clean install W10 and see if the problem reoccurs.

There really is no way to software test a wifi card to see if it is defective or not.

Or if you just want to go ahead and replace the wifi adapter now, then you may as well upgrade it.

I recommend this model since your notebook only has one antenna cable attached to the wifi adapter.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)
HP Part # L17365-005

The card has been on back order from HP for eons now, but you can find one for sale on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005++&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Here is the link to your notebook's service manual where you can find the wifi adapter R & R procedure....

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823146

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried the solution but still I need to restart many times to get it work perfectly. 

is the issue is with WLAN card?

HP Recommended

Yes, I would say the wifi adapter is no good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.