Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15g-dr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Realtek RTL8821CE wifi adapter in my  HP Laptop 15g-dr0xxx , but it suddenly stopped working. Windows 10 cannot detect the existence of this wireless card, and that's why I don't find any driver installed for this card as well. I thought that my wireless card is damaged, but when I tried my external wifi adapter, although windows recognized its existence but didn't allow me to connect to internet saying 'couldn't connect to this network' to each and every network I tried to connect. Then I noticed a peculiar thing that whenever I make my bios security restore to defaults, windows starts recognizing my wireless card and also allows wireless internet connection. But the issue comes back the next time I turn the laptop on. I cannot find any solution. 

My laptop is only one and a half years old and it has windows 10 and kali linux dual booted. I have worked with this os combo for a year. But this problem came suddenly. Please help me resolving this issue and oblige.

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pratimkanrar 

Please download and install the following driver dated Jun 30, 2020:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105752.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I installed the driver from the link you provided but it made no change to the situation. And also I shall like to inform you that in windows I use the default wifi driver and in kali linux I use an open source wifi driver[content removed] But both my os are unable to recognize the wifi interface itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.