Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to connect HP Officejet pro 8600 plus to router.

Was working fine until about an hour ago.

Did the recommend procedures with the network set up and using the route VPS button.

Ran Diagnostic results only 2 things where highlighted.

Diagnositics Resutls> Settings ----- NO Filtering---- FAIL

Hardware Address( MAC) --- was also hightlighted.

Network Name (SSID) found - PASS

Printer Setting Consistent with Wireless Route Settings PASS

Wirless ON , Wireless Working - both PASS

How do I fix?

How can I fix?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jamesiii3

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the connectivity. 

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Network Restore -

Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored. 

Step 2 Reboot the devices -

1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer. 
2) Wait for 60 seconds. 
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize. 
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself. 
5) Turn on the computer.

Step 3 Run Wireless Wizard - 

1) Set up the printer hardware. See the getting started guide or the setup poster that came with your printer.
2) On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.
3) Touch Wireless, touch Wireless Setup Wizard and then touch OK.
4) Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

If the issue still persists, try updating the printer firmware. 

Step 4 Update printer's firmware - 

On the printer's control panel, touch Setup > Preferences > Web Services > Printer Update. 

• If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and set up automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.
  • If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the blue "Thumbs up".  

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.