Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-by1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guy, Please help if I can upgrade the wifi module to dual ac one, the laptop I have got Realtek RTL8723DE wifi module,

802.11b/g/n PCLe adapter, my wife keep complaining buffering while watching her nexflix, I have wifi6 router from TPLINK AX1800 model, work great on my laptop but not my wife one, I check the speed on it only 75mps and my note book about 600 mps or more

Can someone help me Please 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since your notebook only comes with one wifi antenna you can only upgrade to this model wifi card and have both the wifi and Bluetooth work properly.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express,

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The card will have the same 72 MBPS throughput as the original wifi card on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, but on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, it will have a max throughput of 433 MBPS when you have an AC router with an excellent wifi signal strength.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

HP 17 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help, I do have great wifi speed at home, as long I can get the 5GHz work on the laptop I am happy with it, I will get the module and update later how thing goes 

Thank you much

By the way do I need to down load the drivers for the new one? Or just plug and play? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Windows should automatically install the drivers for the card, but here are the latest ones that HP has for the RTK8821CE wifi card.

Wifi:   2024.0.10.220

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111389.exe

Bluetooth:  1.8.1030.3010 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

Hi again guy, update about the wifi adapter you show me to get, I got it in and work right the speed went up to 86 mbps from 72,but I didn't see the 5GHz speed show, any idea how or what I need to set up guys? Please advise 

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed the RTL8821CE wifi card and the drivers I posted for it, the card should be working on both wifi bands, and why it wouldn't be, that I wouldn't know.

HP Recommended

Oh man my bad, I didn't load the drivers yet from your lpost Paul, cause I installed and boot it up like you say win10 will do it right, at first it give a 502 code and than reboot again up to login so I thought OK now just connect wifi and use, OK I need to get the drivers from you post and reloaded see if is help

Thanks Paul 

HP Recommended

For this one laptop with one antenna, I did order the adapter after do some reset in configuration I got it up to maximum speed like you say Paul almost up to 500Gbps,so my laptop and my wife laptops, Thanks to your help both work great now Paul, Thanks so much 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.