Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi stops working after computer is in sleep mode

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy x360

Device ID: 4E0EAE72-B9FB-43FE-B69A-06A86DC518D4

My wireless adapter normally works flawlessly. When my computer goes to sleep (i.e. the lid is closed for a few minutes), I boot the device back up and everything is working fine except WiFi. I run the troubleshooter and it says the wireless adapter device driver is not installed. This obviously isn't true, because every time I reboot my computer it's working again with no issue until it goes to sleep again. If I run the troubleshooter while the WiFi is functioning properly it says there is no issue.

I'd love to know why this is happening, and how to fix it.

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dah4nu Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Wifi stops working after the computer is in sleep mode.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please try these steps first.   

1. Open CMD with Administrator

2. Type:  sc config storsvc type= own ( this resets this service to its default state )

3. Restart the PC.

4. Check if this fixes it.

I recommend you try to follow the below steps:

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If it does not, please visit this link for further support: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If not check this link out: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues.

Then, I would suggest here is to uninstall the wireless drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Network adapters>then select the wireless drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the Wifi drivers.

Then restart the computer and check if you are able to go online.

Once done, please update the bios, chipset, and wifi drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905 to know how to use HP support assistant.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation