Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Will do you can be sure...LOL

I've given a step by step

error by error

report of this entire ordeal...LOL

Maybe it will help someone else in the future.

I have to wait til wind loads to the 16GB flash drive & now I am not sure if its in a usb 2!!! Its running ethernet so want to use the Z15G2 to download the win  10

I did not want to block the dvd on the right but I think the front left usb is a 3 while the rear rleft is a 2usb...

Win is at 86% so almost done & then to be really careful 7 remove the 9260 & return it.

Then decide if I want to try to reinstall my 7260 or just wait & get a new one & be done with it in case it is faulty & let the 15Z G2 rest after all this///& myself but

Still something tells me I will want to try to see if my 7260 got fixed...LOL!!! I'm one for punishment & making more work!!!

Yikes!!!! I have many systems so hard to remember which usbs are 2 or 3 but pretty sure the Z 15G2 has only one usb 2 & its in the rear of the left side but the Sandisk ultra 16GB is a slow flash drive not anywhere near the patriot but for $5 & for a few GB file its fine!

HP Recommended

What gets me is I had a similar problems with the 7260

It kept resetting & not finding the gateway. Trouble shoot most often resolved it but not always.

I just wonder what could be wrong with the system to do that to 2 different wifi cards?

Is there any other hardware that could mess up a wifi card???

Maybe something else is failing???

Suppose it does the same to a new 7260??? Anyway I don;t want to have to go there as this musical wifi card thing is getting very unpleasant...

HP Recommended

Nothing I can think of unless one of the internal antennas has become damaged over time from opening and closing the lid.

Sometimes they fray or break near the display hinges.

HP Recommended

Hey Newegg has the patriot 128 GB on sale...I got it for $25 shipped free... wonder if they have the wifi card??

OOOH NO think its tryng to set u wind again...I guess I;ll have to close it???

Rat was trying to set up win 10 again so I closed it...

They should ASK!!!!

HP Recommended

I like to use DVD's to install windows, because I don't pay attention and when the PC restarts it automatically boots from the USB flash drive and starts to reinstall Windows.

I don't know what the right thing to do is, but when windows restarts I yank the USB installer so it boots from the hard drive.

With a DVD you can leave it in there because when Windows restarts, it won't boot from the DVD unless you press any key to boot from the DVD and you have a couple of seconds to do that, or it boots from the hard drive.

HP Recommended

Well the 9260 just blue screened when I tried to change advanced setting to N not AC so guess its not going to work...

I knowI should give up but I want to be sure, Guessing its the wifi in total...not the router to be reset as it does not find any networks & you can't keeo wifi or get wifi on...so time to realize hit end of line???Same errors.. Cant turn on...oooh

Well, I never touched the 7260 card until after a few months of dropping & thinking it was the internet service but finding the other laptops did not drop so I slowly figured its something with this system...So no the annena removal was not a root cause.

Just really odd...

I guess I'll reinstall the 7620...I am trying to be untra carefuly & never take it off at the  metal cap but pull up behind it from the wire to try not to damage the cap itself...

Every problem has one blessing it comes with new knowledge..

I;ve learned alot & discovered many new useful things to get around this computer world...

So thanks again!!!

HP Recommended

I caught it as it was installing & was at first not sire if it was just finishing the flash drive upload but it said win was setting up & I did not want to intall windows again so just closed the window & it said it was removing the set files...

DVD's for a system restore can be 20 or so on 100

This is the files on the wind install flash drivewin wo st up Capture (2).JPGGB & takes over half a day...I think I'll try the flash drive for that now.

Not that I have the flash drives I can store alot of GB on them & not use the laptop as storage & it will cut my system to maybe 50 GB max

HP Recommended

First attempt too uninstall;;  9260 blue screened

Did it again

Now it won;t let me uninstall the 9260

LOL

I could remove it physically  & install  7260 anyway

She froze

Still it seems like a security permission or code is stopping it??? Could it be some strange  thing?NT unavial sid Capture red.jpg

Now ot wont rec the f;ash dread  but its ok pm other systems think the D drive is messing with it!!!

so restarting &  hope its  not bad as it blue screened during restart

Gpt to yank that card out

Never ends

HP Recommended

Was really careful & 9260 is out & 7260 is back in

Its doing the same thing.

I turn on wifi & it turns itself off.

Says working properly under device mgr & has recent ms drivers 11/18.

It went on for a second...saw the networks & then went down.

Now I think more strongly something else is gping on...

May not be the 9260...

How can I get passed this now???

7260 dump wifi wonlt stay on Capture (3).JPG

What can stop it from recognizing it...I have nothing but win defender installed...

Could be an antenna got loose??? Whatever it is both of them seem to have the ame problem now.

If it was an antennae problem then why turn it off...why not just not find any netowrks?Is that the way it works?

HP Recommended

I put a piece of film on top of the card as the one antena wre is near it but not touching it.I dont want to bend the wire to risk damage so slipped a piece of electrostaic plastic under the wire like shown...It could not completely stop the card from working...NOOO its installed ...I just donlt knw where to go from here...

P1200858 (2) red.jpg

Can the film touching the caps do all of this???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.