Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm on wifi now 7250

OK ,,,now what??? I kept turning on the wifi & it turned itself off. So I unplugged the ethernet & bam...there is was!!!! I'm in..

SOSSSS now does that mean if I had taken the ethernet cable out it would have also connected????????

I did not get the drivers resetting this time or it failed but same things when I tried to turn it on it immediately shut itself off

Now do I should IIIII put back the 9260 without the Ethernet cable being in it & see if it works....

I'm about to shoot this thing!!!!Not sure what to do...Seems it wont show wifi networks while the ethernet cable is in...the cable in a sense knocks out the wifi

WELL spoke to soon wifi just dropped or was shut down & said hp could not be found & had the i for not safe on it... I really feel some sort of saftey thing is cutting it off...Back on ethernet now

This is maddening!!!!

HP Recommended

You didn't know that there is a LAN/WLAN switching setting in the BIOS?

The default setting is enabled.

When an ethernet cable is plugged in, the wifi automatically gets disabled.

If you don't want that to happen, then you need to go into the BIOS and disable that setting.

With the ethernet cable out, the wifi should work. 

If it isn't, then I have no idea why that would be.

HP Recommended

Events before 6:43:54 when ethernet cable was plugged in show the 7260 resettiing many times & not found which also happened to the 9260

Trying to check all events prior immed prior to it.. Component not installed or corrupted...

Wifi was on only about 8 minutes while it was continually resetting & not found or corrupted

Same with 9260.

Need to figure what is going on,,,

HP Recommended

I looked at the bios last night,,,Its ok now that I know but the wifi is not working

Worked about 8 minutes...

I'm back on ethernet...

Something is wring & I'm not thinking its the wifi cards now

HP Recommended

That could very well be.

But what that is, unfortunately I have no idea, and have no suggestions to offer.

HP Recommended

Found some other things but not sure if its the problem. I can't put that 9260 back in until I figure it out as I did not know I had to remove the ethernet to test it... thats no real problem now that I know but why all the errors...Why didn;t it not hold the wifi connection just now for more than 8 minutes with a a few session of resetting & not found either missing or corrupted.

I'm just overwhelmed as now I have to lose my connection just to try to establish a wifi that will fall in a few minutes.

I took out the ethereal & the 7260 wifi is not stable. (Still could be a failing card) 

I have the time frame of this event so if I look for everything that happened in those 10 minutes maybe I can zone in on what may have caused it, Feels to me like something is  stopping it like a protection or firewall but I only have win defender.

I have been working on this straight 8 hours today & countless others & frustrated as now it seems I have to reinstall the  9260 & see what happens wo the ethernet...would it make all those errors it did or just fail to connect?

My system was freezing with it & would blue screen & I could not even  change advanced settings for it without a lock up so I don't think the 9260 may have worked even if I took out the ethernet cable as that cable should not make all the errors...or could it???? 

I should stop & take a break & get something to eat...come back to this nightmare later..

HP Recommended

It's hard to say.

I have no idea about the bluescreens, freezing, etc but the dropped connection...still think it is a frayed/broken antenna cable near the hinge area.

HP Recommended
How can we explain this??? Wifi connected 7:27:25 P success resetting wifi 7260 Changed advanced settings to update ac to n & its freezing same as 9260 7260 not responding had to end task 7:38P & no event was triggered/ 7:40 Device mgr says No drivers installed in 7260 but the driver is listed & the wifi is working so something happened when I was trying to update the advaned settings it froze. How do we explain this??? Seems some communication problems & how can I have a virus or something with a clean install??? I'm Stumped!!!! Now it says windows is uninstalling this device code 21... I asked it to uninstall the 9260 & it froze twice & blue screened... 7:51...No wifi... so plugged in ethernet Was on wifi a little more than 20 min that time Well back to the drawing board as this wifi 7260 is messed & its messed much the same way the 9260 was/// Trying to check security codes...saw impersonator. impersonationNT authoriy alot..??? Wirelless lan dropped from ipconfig /all Any advice where I should focus my search??? Something is very wrong!!!
HP Recommended

So you think its in the housing not at the  card???

Hmmm...that would drop wifi but what about all theother drivers strange issues?

HP Recommended

I'll uninstall & install it just for the fun of it...windows seems to exhibit its corrupted but how can both wifi cards be corrupted?

Might just play with the 9260 if ithis is not wifi  card related...can't see why I am getting the same symptoms with both wifi cards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.