Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Just after installing Window 10 Update KB5006670 on Oct 16, I was not able to access the Internet via Wifi and LAN.

I have posted the issue faced on Microsoft Support and followed the steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/window-10-update-kb5006670-issue...

1. I have manually uninstalled two window updates installed on Oct-16 but it did not work.

2.  I have also rolled-back the driver of the wireless device as you mentioned and restarted the laptop but it did not solve the issue. I have re-installed the latest driver by selecting Update Drivers and then Search automatically for drivers (PFA screenshots). But it did not solve the issue. As for the driver of the ethernet device, it seems no driver was installed (Roll Back Driver is disabled)

After performing step 1 & 2, I faced a new issue: Windows is not anymore activated on my laptop.

3. I performed system restore but same issue. I have also tried to uninstall the Network Adapters.

Can you please advise? Why windows is not anymore activated?

Thanks

Bernard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.