Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Revolve 810 G2/G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

We have a problem with the HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband driver not working following a Windows 10 upgrade on HP Revolve 810 G2/G3 laptops.

Ths issue occurs when we do an In-Place upgrade, so either using the 'upgrade' method of Windows that upgrades the OS without removing all the applications or the user settings, or by formatting the machine, installing windows and then using USMT to put the user state back on, installing the 3G drivers from HP does not work, it gives an on the driver in device manager, properties says 'The device cannot start, Code 10'.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Any solutions on this?

I have a Elitebook 850 G1 and I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.

Any solutions on this?

HP Recommended

Has anyone looked up the Hardware IDs for this in the Device Manager. Might help the search a bit.

From the pictures I have seen it would seem to be a Huawei MU736 module?

Did you try searching the Windows Update. The catalog seems to have quite a bit of updated Huawei files.

Searching the net with that ID does not bring up much. Lenovo has several driver packages but they are probably for later models and are not in a format that can easily be looked into and I have no idea if they would install on another brand machine or if they would contain support for the older card as well but that is what I could find for now.

https://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/downloads/DS111977

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/uu/en/downloads/ds118506

Remember to create a restore point first if you plan to try.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Windows Update isn't working.

It's giving me the same "Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter", with the same error that it cannot be started.

I already the Lenovo drivers but they aren't working either. (HP EliteBook 850 G1).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.