Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Edit: problem solved by installing Bluetooth drivers from HP website, the issue happened because I installed Bluetooth drivers that are not suitable for my laptop and the operating system.

Hello,

I used Bluetooth for years on my laptop, but after I installed the latest version of Windows 10, I can't turn on Bluetooth or use it.

Solutions I tried:

Checked for updates (no updates)

Tried to update Bluetooth from the device manager (no Bluetooth device is shown even I clicked on "show hidden devices")

Installed HP support Assistant to troubleshoot the problem (no fixes or driver updates)

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (3).png

My laptop has a Bluetooth card but it seems the device manager doesn't recognize it! please help me.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@mai-ahmed,Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you have Bluetooth issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Do you see the Bluetooth driver listed in the device manager?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned the Bluetooth is not getting detected on your PC anymore.

Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager on your PC and install the latest driver using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please try the steps recommended below.

a)   Open Control Panel by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
b)   In the Control Panel search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.
c)   In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the Options tab and do any of the following:
d)   To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth devices, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.
e)   When a Bluetooth-enabled computer is in discovery mode, it broadcasts a wireless signal that allows it to be detected by other Bluetooth-enabled computers or devices. This is sometimes called pairing mode.
f)   To allow Bluetooth devices to connect to your computer, select the check box for Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
To be notified when a Bluetooth device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Press Win + R,” type services.MSC and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.

find the service “Bluetooth Support Service” and see it if is running. 

If the service is not running, right-click on it and then select the “Start” option.

If you want to, you can also make the service start automatically at every Windows startup. To do that, right-click on the service and then select the “Properties” option.

In the Properties window select the option “Automatic” from the Startup Type drop-down menu, and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot Bluetooth issues with your laptop.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.