Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear HP Support Experts,

@Mans, responded to my earlier posts. The update below was posted as a reply to @Mans on 23/Apr/2022 but looks like @Mans is probably on holiday - I'm not getting any response back from him. 

In his absence can any of the Experts help me with this question please:

•  I would like to explore using an external portable USB WIFI Adapter (reason - see below). Just wondering whether any of the Experts have a suggestion to any that is recommended for my HP Pavilion: 15-cs2115tx  which has built-in "Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz".
  • I've tried updating the Driver but to no avail. The WIFI Adapter is refusing to start - returning error: "device cannot start (code 10)" 

Thank you in advance for all help from any of the HP Support Experts,

John

=======================   (Forwarded Message ) ==================================

Dear @Mans,

Here's an update for your file. The Wifi Adapter AC9560 was failing again after a couple of weeks working OK intermittently. So I took your advice and switch the Driver downloaded from HP site to a newer version downloaded from the Intel site which you supplied in an earlier post.

The new driver worked on first reboot of the laptop but regrettably failed on subsequent reboot.

Not sure whether there are other ideas you can throw over for me to try out. 

I'm almost certain it's a flaky Wifi Adapter H/W problem on the motherboard. I read somewhere there is an external Wifi Adapter that can be plugged in via the USB port. Any information on the specs of such a pluggable Wifi Adapter that's equivalent to the AC9560 model?

Apart from such an option I'm also wondering whether HP can repair the motherboard? Where and Whom can I seek help on this possible option?  The machine has just expired warranty - cost of repair may not justify pursuing this course of action, any advice?

As usual thank you for your advice and your time.

Warm regards,

John (@jhng168)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.