cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jabc123
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wireless Card Upgrade Possible?

HP Recommended
HP 16-AF013CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 16-AF013CL laptop which only supports 2.4ghz WiFi. I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the wireless card to a dual band card.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 22,298 2,620 3,520
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jabc123 To confirm, since there's no such device titled HP 16, is this your device: HP 15-af013cl Notebook PC (Click here to confirm), that said, here's a few things you need to know about upgrades: I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

That out of the way, here's an image with the parts tested and approved to work with this device, by HP:
(For more details on how to replace it: click here and visit page. 42 Chapter 6 Removal and replacement procedures for Authorized Service Pr...

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation