cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrGonzo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Wireless Module not supported WLAN Module ID (702)

HP Recommended
Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a stock HP Pavilliong7 that has never been modified. All of a sudden after the last windows 10 update it comes up with this error on bootup "The system has detected a Wireless module installed in the system is not supported. System halted. Please remove device and restart." I haven't changed a thing since I've owned this laptop so I'm using the wireless card HP put in. Hard resetting, restoring the BIOS and pressing esc, f9, f10, f11, f12, etc all do nothing as I can't get passed the black error screen on startup. Is there a solution to get this problem? I have been searching for a solution. From what I understand there's an error with the BIOS and the wireless card and the so called "whitelist". Which is ridiculous given that this is what came with the laptop!!!

HP and other US computer manufacturers aren't giving customers much incentive not to switch to Huawei computer products, when their own computers are rejecting their own components. Pretty pathetic overall.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make this product perform basic functions again, like "booting up" perhaps?  Hopefully this isn't too much to ask for from an HP product. Fingers crossed. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation