Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f048ca laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop, HP 15-f048ca,  does not detect any network and does not work at all with latest Windows 10 drivers.

I have tried all troubleshooting procedures, nothing works.

Does anyone knows of a replacement adapter that works with Windows 10?  

The manual lists the Atheros AR9565 802.11bgn 1x1 WIFI + BT 4.0 combo adapter, but I don't know if that would work

with my HP 15-f048ca laptop since the manual is also meant for 5 other laptop models.

The motherboard is  HP 2330  and the chipset is

NorthBridge : AMD K16 Bridge
SouthBridge : AMD Kabini FC

Any help welcomed

Thanks

Sauriok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime, Claude.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a great day too!

Paul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Open up your notebook and let me know how many antenna cables are connected to the Ralink wifi card in there now.

There may only be one, and that will severely limit what alternate wifi cards you can install.

Here is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763999

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply Paul.  There is only one antenna cable connected to the Ralink adapter.

In the service manual it shows Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 HMC combination WLAN adapter

as a substitute for the Ralink RT3290LE adapter will this work with one antenna cable only???

Will that adapter work with Windows 10 drivers if available?  Some people are also reporting problems with this adapter and Windows 10?

Thanks again

Claude

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Claude.

Both adapters were really designed to work with two antenna cables.

This is what I recommend...Your notebook doesn't have a BIOS whitelist and there was one HMC wifi/bluetooth card that was designed to work with one antenna cable.

You can find this card in used but tested and working condition on eBay, and it should have recent driver support for W10.

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn 1×1 + BT 4 LE Combo Adapter   HP part # 753077-001.

Notice that they only have one terminal to connect the antenna cable to.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=753077-001&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The 3rd one on the listing is not for your model.  That has to have a different part number as that is the newer M.2 form factor wifi card.

HP Recommended

Thanks a million Paul, I'll order the part and give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Claude

HP Recommended

Anytime, Claude.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a great day too!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.