Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G7 2355sf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to know which wireless cards are compatible with my pc I'm looking for a card that 5ghz and bluetooth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The best one would be the AC model...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part # 724935-001.

The above card has the same throughput specs as the Intel 7260 AC...867 MBPS max on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

You should be able to find one on eBay.

Please post back and let us know how your notebook's wifi card upgrade project went.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

This card should work for you...dual band with Bluetooth.   You should be able to find the card on eBay. 

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the WIFI card.

Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Wi-Fi Adapter, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter   HP part # 730668-001

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the WIFI card removal and replacement procedure.

c03593672 (hp.com)

HP Recommended
Hello
thank you for your answer but I wanted to know if the card
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Network Adapter PCI Express Half Mini Card 802.11b / 802.11a / 802.11g / 802.11n / 802.11ac (wifi) is compatible with my PC G7 2355SF

Moreover I would like to know which is the last version of my bios? and where can I find the update because from the device manager it does not work!
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you installed the Intel 7260 AC card and it didn't work, then it is not compatible.

I doubt a BIOS update will allow the Intel card to work.

Normally the Broadcom dual band card I posted works in all g6/g7-22xx-23xx notebooks for some reason.

See this discussion.

Solved: Wireless card - HP Support Community - 7257714

You can find the latest BIOS update for your notebook under the W8 driver section of the support page.

HP Pavilion g7-2355sf Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Since you are running W10, I don't know what will happen if you try to update the BIOS in W10.

If you read the release notes, none of the BIOS updates add support for additional WIFI adapters, so it is probably not worth the risk.

HP Recommended

I forgot to tell you that my PC is equipped with an intel processor (i3) so I would like to know from the list of cards below that are compatible with this information? because in the discussion link the person is talking about an AMD processor

• Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2×2 Adaptateur Wi-Fi, Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adaptateur HP partie # 730668-001
  • Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP partie # 724935-001
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 AC + Bluetooth 4.0 p/n 7260-HMW
  • Atheros QCA9377 Dual Band PCIe Gigabit Network Card LAN Card

Regarding the link for the bios update it says: "We have not been able to find drivers for your product."

so where can I find the bios update???

Finally can you confirm that in the discussiong7 2200 and 2300 series of models do not have a white list BIOS???

HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not release any info on what models have BIOS whitelists.

All the info we get is from forum members who tried to install different model wifi adapters in their notebooks and report the results.

I have given you all of the available info I have...you can see the discussion I posted earlier today.

If I were you, I would stick with one of the Broadcom 2 x 2 N or AC cards.

HP Recommended
ok I will choose one of the Broadcom
Could you tell me which of the 2 performs better?

HP Recommended

The best one would be the AC model...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part # 724935-001.

The above card has the same throughput specs as the Intel 7260 AC...867 MBPS max on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

You should be able to find one on eBay.

Please post back and let us know how your notebook's wifi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended
Hello,

First of all happy new Year
I Will come back to You to tell You the wifi card Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo HP part # 724935-001is working
HP Recommended

Happy New Year, and thanks for letting us know that the Broadcom AC wifi card worked in your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.