cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
3Holl
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Wireless connectivity lost each time computer goes to sleep, wireless adaptor not then visible

HP Recommended
HP Envy 360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Each time the laptop goes to sleep, when woken there is no wireless capability. No wireless adaptor exists in device manager and there is no way to rectify other than reboot. It's perfectly fine and back to normal then.

Anyone any ideas please? Drivers are up to date and HP virtual assistant is no use when this happens as I cannot connect to the internet to use.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,893 65,606 12,559 21,644
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@3Holl 

Please try: do not put wifi adapter on your computer off during sleep

(a) Open Device Manager,

(b) Locate Network adapters, Wifi adapter

(c) Right click and select Properties

(d) Go to Power Management and remove tick as shown

wifi on1.png

(e) Click Apply/Ok

Note: I keep tick on my machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3Holl
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanks for your reply and advice. Unfortunately I have all of those tabs in device manager except for Power Management. Do you have any ideas how I can enable that or make visible?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation