Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 Notebook i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a really annoying wifi connection issue with my HP 250 G7 Notebook i7. After I switch it on, the wifi signal is almost unusable for anything up to 10 to 15 minutes. Either no connection to the internet at all or very very slow 0.2 mb etc. and high ping (30-250ms). In this time all other connected devices in the same location as the laptop get up to the full 300mb speed (250-290 mb) and 4-5ms ping. The laptop gets full speed via ethernet also. If I wait 10 to 15 minutes the speed on wifi is perfect again. However after restarting its back to square one again. While the wireless is slow even logging into the router is slow or prone to failure. I'm connecting to a Fritzbox 7530 on Digiweb FTTH.

Any ideas would be appreciated as its very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if updating the wifi driver to the latest version and restarting the PC, resolves the problem.

If not, I recommend that since your notebook is still under warranty, submit a support ticket by contacting HP in your country or use the HP support assistant program to do that.

So, the only suggestion I can offer for now, would be to update the wifi driver to the latest version, restart the PC and see if that helps any.

2024.0.9.103/2024.0.4 Jul 18, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98489.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

Sounds like your notebook has one of those problematic Realtek AC wifi cards.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had a look and it says

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter. 

Its only brand new, less than 2 weeks I have it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if updating the wifi driver to the latest version and restarting the PC, resolves the problem.

If not, I recommend that since your notebook is still under warranty, submit a support ticket by contacting HP in your country or use the HP support assistant program to do that.

So, the only suggestion I can offer for now, would be to update the wifi driver to the latest version, restart the PC and see if that helps any.

2024.0.9.103/2024.0.4 Jul 18, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98489.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try that and see. Its not very good if HP are sending out Laptops with known issues or faulty parts. As I said after 20 minutes or so its 270-280 mb and 4ms ping. So frustrating after start up every time.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would be very upset too if my brand new notebook had wifi problems.

HP should have suspended using the RTL8821 and RTL8822 AC wifi cards for a year now, because they don't work right, and Realtek keeps releasing updated drivers what seems like every two weeks in an attempt to get their wifi cards to work correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.