Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

I Have an HP wireless keyboard and mouse. The P/N code for the keyboard is 704219-BL1 and for the mouse is 704229-001.

I am connecting the receiver on the computer and the receiver is taking a few moments until I get a message that is ready for use. I am hitting the connect button of both the mouse and the keyboard but nothing changes. I have added new battery to both of them. The mouse gets the red light on but the keyboard shows know lights at all.

However, No connectivity can be achieved in any of them. I suspect that it is the Windows 10 update, since both were working on Windows 7. Any recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pantmyl17 

Are they (receiver, keyboard and mouse)  from a complete set  (not from 3 different sources). They MUST BE on a same set to be able to connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I am pretty sure that they are from the same set. However there is no indication on the USB receiver and hence I can’t say I am 1000% sure. So this brings me to ask the following questions:

1. Is there anyway to figure this out?
2. Is there any alternative, for example any software, that I can use instead of the USB?

3. What if it is from the same set. What else can I try in order to pair of them?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I am pretty sure that they are from the same set. However there is no indication on the USB receiver and hence I can’t say I am 1000% sure. So this brings me to ask the following questions: 1. Is there anyway to figure this out? 2. Is there any alternative, for example any software, that I can use instead of the USB? 3. What if it is from the same set. What else can I try in order to pair of them? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.